New Construction Ocean City
by: Jeff Quintin, on February 23, 2018 - Home Seller Tips
Looking to buy a Home? Click Here to Search Listings
Selling a home? Click Here for a FREE Home Valuation
Call us at (609) 398-5333 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation
People may be skeptical about selling their home at this time of year. However, I’ve got 11 reasons why you should sell your home during the holidays.
- Buyers are serious. People who are looking for a home during the holiday season are dedicated to finding a home. You’ll get quality buyers over a quantity of buyers.
- Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from. This means less competition and more money for you.
- In January, there will be a dramatic inventory increase. People who wait until after the holidays will flood the market with inventory, which will more than likely drive down the price you can get for your home. More supply means less competition and less money.
- Home show better during the holidays. A well decorated home is very inviting.
- Buyers buy on emotion. This time of year is a perfect time to take advantage of the fact that buyers buy on emotion. The holidays have everyone ready for a new start, and a buyer may want that new start in your home.
- Buyers have more time. During the holiday season, buyers are going to have more time off from work and other responsibilities to look for a home.
- Buyers need to buy now for tax reasons. There could be tax reasons why a deal needs to be done before the end of the year.
- January is new job month. Typically, January is the month when people start new jobs, whether they have been transferred or otherwise. These employees need to find a home before they start their jobs.
- You can choose the number of showings. It’s true that the holidays can be a crazy time, but don’t let that stop you from listing. We can work around your schedule and have as few or as many showing as you like.
- You don’t have to close until next year. You can sell your house now for more money, and you won’t have to move until after the holidays.
- You could be a non-contingent buyer. You can sell now, push the closing date, and make a purchase in that spring market when there are more homes and the prices are less.
If you have any further questions please feel free to reach other with a phone call or a quick email. I am happy to help.